Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th & Smocked Garden Dress

source: http://www.prageruniversity.com/4th-of-july-declaration.html

Being Independence Day, I had to say Happy July 4th! Now onto other exciting things :)! My newest creation, the smocked Garden Dress. It's such a light and airy little dress and it's so stinking cute too.




I love when my kids can look so effortlessly adorable and they love being comfortable. This dress turned out to be one of those pieces of clothing that can be worn without the complaint of itchies or lots of fussing to keep it looking right.

Isn't she such a good model?
A few of the things that I loved about making this dress is that 1. I used a vintage pillowcase 2. The hand smocking on both the front and back(sorry no pic of the back) came together fairly quickly 3. You have the option of doing the straps crossed in the back or just straight. The straps are attached in the back with buttons and it makes the garment pretty versatile. 



This is going to be put into my etsy shop ASAP, so if anyone has fallen in love with the Garden Dress you'll have your chance to purchase it yourself :). If you'd like for me to create a tutorial on how to make it yourself send me a message or leave a comment and I'll be happy to create another of these cuties!


~Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment